Thanks for Checking out My Blog!!

Hopefully you find something useful here! Let me know if there's anything you want more info on =D

Friday 21 October 2011

Decorations for Guest Book Table

I posted these on The Knot and had someone ask for the template but I can't for the life of my figure out how to post a file on here so here's what I did: :)

I used Microsoft Publisher and created a new custom sized document that was 12"x12".  Then I used word art to make the "HE" or "SHE" in the back ground and filled the page with it.  Then I typed in our things we love about each other into a text box that was the same size as the page (keep everything within the little blue lines at the edges so it all prints properly) separated with the dot, which I copied from the character map.  On my computer (vista) its under Start, All Programs, Accessories, System Tools, Character Map.  I just made the text and background opposite colours on the two documents.  Then I got them printed and made into 'plak-its' at Staples.  Make sure to check them when you pick them up though because I just realized that the SHE sign is about a 1/4 inch smaller than the HE which makes the text go right to the edge of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment