Thanks for Checking out My Blog!!

Hopefully you find something useful here! Let me know if there's anything you want more info on =D

Sunday 3 July 2011

My First Post!!

Every time I try to start a blog I end up forgetting about it and not writing for months on end but that will not happen this time!! Mostly because in just a few short months (4 months and 2 days, not that I'm keeping track or anything...) I'm getting married! and the sole purpose of this blog is to talk about all the ups and downs of planning our wedding without all the people around me getting tired of hearing about cakes and flowers and card boxes and chair covers and decorations and and and...you get the picture.  So I'm going to use this as my venting place for all things wedding related and hopefully someone will find some use in what I say.  I'm trying really hard to get in touch with my crafty side and possibly save some money on decorations.  Even if we don't save too much money at least we'll have some awesomely personal touches for the reception!

It seems like there's still soooo much to do before the big day!  It doesn't help of course that we both just graduated, and as of right now I'm the only one working...we didn't really anticipate it being so difficult for Ryan to find a job and my job is a contract only lasting til the end of September so keep your fingers crossed that we find something permanent soon!!  That being said, there are some things that just can't wait! We've got the ceremony and reception venues booked along with all the food and drink for the night...that was our first big commitment, back in January.  I've also got my dress! Yay!! and all the bridesmaids dresses are in, photographer booked and the stag and doe is in planning mode...still on the list of things to do: DJ, cake, flowers and countless other little things that I'm really hoping I don't forget! The guestbook and card box are all completed, my first 2 DIY projects :) but I'll cover those in my next post since I noticed this one was getting a little long! So I'll end for now and finish that one later!

No comments:

Post a Comment