Thanks for Checking out My Blog!!

Hopefully you find something useful here! Let me know if there's anything you want more info on =D

Friday 8 July 2011

Our Guestbook has been shipped!!

I'm so excited to see it all done up!  I'll post pictures when it comes in :) On another awesome note we finally hired a DJ which just leaves flowers, rings and the all important cake on our list of big purchases...oh and the honeymoon although that's still up in the air pending permanent employment but we're hoping to go to Disney in Florida for a week which I am so excited about.  Even if we can't go right after the wedding I think its still our top pick.

I'm a little nervous about the whole DJ hiring thing since we haven't met him yet (we live 2 hours away from our ceremony/reception location) but he had lots of great reviews and was more than willing to offer up references.  He also just seems like a really decent person from all of our emails back and forth and his price was right.  We were a little hesitant about even hiring a DJ for the wedding since we aren't big dancers ourselves and at the last wedding we went to hardly anyone danced so hopefully this isn't a big waste of money!  At least we decided not to go with a professional decorator for the reception venue.  As my mom so kindly pointed out, the venue is gorgeous as it is, why do you need a tulle backdrop? (which I wasn't really in love with, just thought it was the right thing to have), also I just really couldn't justify spending $1200 to decorate one room for one day.  I'm still kind of hooked on chair covers though, only because the chairs are black, round backed, banquet style chairs that are really not all that pretty looking and I'm going to have my sister make brown runners for the tables (which I'm sure we can do for less than the $12 a piece that the decorator wanted just to rent them...).  Tonight I'm going to start on the banner decorations for the cake, gift and registry tables and I'm really hoping they turn out as cute as they are in my head! Pics and instructions will be posted as soon as they're done!

No comments:

Post a Comment