Thanks for Checking out My Blog!!

Hopefully you find something useful here! Let me know if there's anything you want more info on =D

Sunday 3 July 2011

DIY Guestbook and Card Box

I was having a real difficulty trying to figure out what to do for our guestbook.  I knew I didn't want the traditional boring book of just pages for people to sign, but Ryan didn't really like the idea of having people sign a photo mat or plate or something of that sort so I had to come up with some sort of compromise that was more personalized yet traditional at the same time.  I found a post on The Knot where someone mentioned that they were using blurb.com to make a photobook of their wedding so I checked out the site and was completely hooked! If you haven't tried it yet, its a must to check out.  I was able to make a 20 page guestbook, hardcover with pictures from our relationship for $32.49.  Its 7"x7" and I guess you can really only write on half the pages, but we're only inviting 100 people and a good number of that is families where every person isn't going to sign.  You can check it out here http://www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/2292446.  My best friend and MOH did our engagement piccies for us that I used for the front/back covers and last page in the book.  I'm so pleased with how it turned out and can't wait for it to arrive!

My first 'real' DIY project was our card box for the reception.  I got the inspiration from the Road to the Aisle blog.  We changed the design up a bit due to the frames that we bought but its awesome and I love it :) took all afternoon/evening yesterday but once I started I just wanted it to be done!!  Illustrated directions to follow!  My next project is going to be a cute banner for the cake table inspired by this one (it says love is sweet in full size) that I found on The Knot's DIY board.

I'm being really flipfloppy between whether or not I like the look of tulle everywhere at the reception and lately I'm leaning towards no so I'm trying to figure out other ways to decorate and this sign just looks so cute.  I think I'll do mine with fabric though.  I'll post pictures of mine as soon as its done later this week!

No comments:

Post a Comment