Thanks for Checking out My Blog!!

Hopefully you find something useful here! Let me know if there's anything you want more info on =D

Thursday 25 August 2011

The last 2 weeks...it appears I've been slacking...in reality I've just been busy!

Well my beads finally arrived, and they are awesome! I can't believe the deal I got on them, especially compared to the $5 strands at Michaels for half the beads!  I ordered the rest of my supplies from The Beading Room, an online beading store from Nova Scotia and they got here super quick so I started on the necklaces for the girls (which took no time at all, I was done in an hour or so) and the earrings, which were substantially more frustrating, hence why I haven't finished them yet...they're on a time out! I did manage to get 2 done and they stayed pretty long enough for me to take one picture before one of them fell apart.  I think I need a way to hold the pearl while I try to hook the loop through the stud...we'll see how those turn out, but I love the necklaces :) That's all 5 piled together btw, not a massively huge one!  The necklaces and earrings will be part of the gift for my girls but I'm a little stuck on what else to give them.  Two of them in particular have been incredibly awesome so I want to do something special for them.  If you have any suggestions please leave me a comment!

I am massively happy with my table numbers as well, although I'm thinking they could use some sprucing up a bit...thoughts?  They're just a little plain but I don't know if adding stickers or something would be too childish.  Also, you can't see it but the frames are double-sided so there will be a picture of the two of us on the other side, for our guests to gaze at fondly of course!

We have all of the ingredients now that we need to do all of the adult favours for the reception so that's going to be our next big project...Jelly Bean Jelly!  The recipe is from the Bernardin Website and we're packaging it in 125ml mason jars with custom stickers on the top from StickerYou that have a green daisy and have our names/wedding date and the jelly flavour.  We'll be making half of them apple flavour and half of them mint chocolate chip flavour, both tinted a different shade of green.  The flavours were the hardest thing to find, but I used Golda's Kitchen which is just an awesome store, they have everything, including the flower mould I used for the crayons.  Once these are done, I'll post a DIY with pics and the recipe.  Thats all for now I think, sorry bout the long post!!

No comments:

Post a Comment