Thanks for Checking out My Blog!!

Hopefully you find something useful here! Let me know if there's anything you want more info on =D

Monday 1 August 2011

Phew!

It was a busy last couple of week's so I didn't get much time to post let alone do any DIY stuff...we were incredibly busy planning/having our stag and doe and working on finding jobs and a place of our own to live...craziness let me tell you.  We're currently living with Ryan's mom, which is nice, we really appreciate her letting us stay but we definitely need our own space!  Ryan started a new job last week, not a forever type job, but its going to allow us to move out on our own again which is awesome!!! We're moving this weekend and I can't wait!!  The stag and doe was on Saturday and was an awesome success! It was so great to see family and friends that I haven't seen in awhile and a great opportunity for some of Ryan's family to meet mine.  All in all we made a good amount of money that will promptly be put towards our plans! First item on the to-do list is wedding bands so we'll be going out tomorrow in search of those.  Currently I'm working on addressing the invitations, which I've been putting off and putting off and putting off....but it has to be done, we are getting married in just 96 days!

I had an extremely unsuccessful shoe shopping trip the other day, I hate my gigantic feet.  Every time I'd find a pair I like, they either wouldn't come in my size (a whopping 11) or wouldn't be flat (Ryan's already 3 inches shorter than me), or didn't come in a wide width...damn wide feet.  But I've still got time thank god...may end up just going with green chucks haha.

I'm not sure if I mentioned before, but my cousin is doing our centerpieces as part of a project for one of her classes at school which is so totally ok with me lol.  We're doing 3 different size mason jars with a green silk gerbera and water in it and a floating candle.  Next to these, we're doing the table numbers in little frames from IKEA.  99 cents for a two sided frame, doesn't get better than that!  We'll put one of our engagement pics on one side and the table number on the other.  I have some ideas for table numbers (brown scrapbook paper with a green painted wooden letter?) but I might let Ryan have a go at designing them.

I finally found some nice glass pearls on ebay to use to make the jewelry for my girls, ordered them on the 13th of July and they're not here yet which is a little worrisome but I'm hoping they're just stuck at customs somewhere since they're coming from the states.  I think that's all I needed to get off my chest tonight lol I'm hoping that once we're in our own place I'll have more time for some DIY and finalizing plans!

No comments:

Post a Comment